So, Happy girl and I went on a very nice 4 hour snowshoe excursion today. Instead of going on normal snowshoe trails, I chose a summer trail from the map (Frog lake area to Twin lakes) and went totally backcountry just based on GPS waypoints and a compass. Given that it has snowed 5 feet in 5 days up here has made it brutal, but we did make in view of lower twin. The problem was a cliff that was in the way of us getting directly to the lake. Also, we were both spent from breaking trail in waist-high snow. Anyway, we rocked the route I chose. At the summer trail junctions, on one ocassion we were actually able to see a little ceder sign poking out of the snow. Most of this was through dense forest going up 35 degree inclines – brutal. I will post the elevation profile when I get back to town. Dudes…I have a lot of work to do to get in shape over the next 2 months!
- HFY! smackpacker.com/2010/06/04/hfy https://t.co/Yy6FGXyFna 2 years ago
- Monkey Pillow Handcrafted Backpacking Pillow "Case" Review wp.me/pGKXW-n3 5 years ago
- LoopAlien Rapid Cord Attachment Kickstarter Project wp.me/pGKXW-mm 5 years ago
- Rab Summit Superlite Bivi Review wp.me/pGKXW-ka 5 years ago
- Indoor Plumbing™ wp.me/pGKXW-l9 5 years ago